aShademan

September 18, 2005

{poets.corner} Raven

Have you read Edgar Allan Poe's Raven? There are many words that I have to look up in a dictionary; there are some words their meaning/nuance I don't grasp exactly (even after checking my dictionary), but still, I enjoy the poem very much:

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.' ..."

Read the complete poem and tell me what you think about it.

5 Comments:

  • I am only leaving a comment because noone else did since yesterday, but I've read the poem a few times so far and I had to thank you for the link... it's truly wonderful. Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9/20/2005 5:31 PM  

  • I am glad you liked it. There is also another of his poems that I find extremely touching, Annabel Lee. Enjoy!

    By Blogger Azad, At 9/20/2005 5:50 PM  

  • I am only leaving a comment because I don't like the number 2 so I wanted to make it three comments. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9/21/2005 10:53 AM  

  • Omid i dont like number 3.hey i am 4 now.lol.poem 7 musics are fused with our life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9/21/2005 12:15 PM  

  • Two, Three, or Five won't differ to me, I love all prime numbers! You heard me right, even 13 and 17. This post will have 5 comments, because I am in love with prime numbers!

    By Blogger Azad, At 9/22/2005 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home