aShademan

September 09, 2005

{books.math} L'explosion des Mathematique

The significance of math in different aspects of our daily lives is highlighted in L'explosion des Mathematique. This book (originally in French) has been recently translated to Persian and is now made available online through the Iranian Mathematical Society website for a broader audience that may not speak French. This book is strongly recommended to all enthusiastic people in Iran, or any other Persian speaking country, who may have once asked, "what is math good for anyways?"

4 Comments:

  • Actually I found the answer to that question when I was 7!

    It was when I went to "Agha Reza"'s to buy some milk and I had learned how to calculate how much I should get back if I pay him 20 Tomans!

    :) ha ha ha

    By Blogger The City Gal, At 9/09/2005 1:51 PM  

  • Neat! Here is my favourite math man:
    http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/biography/Hardy.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9/09/2005 2:47 PM  

  • That photo of Hardy is one of the few taken from him. The man did not love his photo and always avoided cameras! I've read his bio years ago, but he is not my favorite. Erdos is! 1414 papers! :))

    By Blogger Azad, At 9/09/2005 8:44 PM  

  • I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your Mona Lisa cake picture :-) It looks great.

    By Blogger Shirin, At 9/11/2005 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home