aShademan

September 25, 2005

{daily.experience} Deadlines

Although the name suggests that a missed deadline would cause some sort of death, experience has it that nothing very important happens when it comes to academic deadlines. You may not get a paper published, or you may have to ask the editor for an extended deadline, which is quite common in academia.

In other contexts, missing some specific sorts of deadlines may eventually result in permanent casualties. To give you a glimpse of what I mean, just imagine a jobless husband when he is given a hard deadline to find a job by his wife. Avoid missing deadlines of such nature at all costs (legally, of course).

5 Comments:

  • What a great tip Shady-man ;-) These kids could learn a lot from you.

    By Blogger Shirin, At 9/25/2005 7:05 PM  

  • :-) Are you referring to the first paragraph or the second?

    By Blogger Azad, At 9/25/2005 8:04 PM  

  • I was referring to the second paragraph at first but now I’m thinking they are all good things to know.

    By Blogger Shirin, At 9/26/2005 11:37 AM  

  • You made me read my second paragraph again! I wasn't quite serious when writing it, but I guess there is some truth hiding somewhere in my imaginary world.

    By Blogger Azad, At 9/26/2005 1:28 PM  

  • Hear it from my 5-year experience -Even mising those deadlines are no big deal :)
    Have you heard the story of
    "Lahafeh Molla Nasteddin" :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9/26/2005 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home