aShademan

October 30, 2005

{Montreal.Confectionery} Echidna


When I saw a rabbit in our elevator last week, I already knew what it is called in English. Even when I saw a rhino on Dundas square the other day, I knew its name in English.

I have to be honest here. In Montreal, I saw something and I immediately fell in love with it. I didn't know it's name, but I bought it and I ate it. I don't necessarily do this to things that I love. For example, I have a basketball that I love; that's why I bought it, but I've never even imagined eating it.

Anyways ... until this past minute, I did not know what echidnas are called in English. I just found out that they are also called spiny anteaters! My choclate echidna was yummy as the photo suggests. This place was also mag.nif.i.cent. Can someone refresh my slippery memory? It was very close to McGill I guess. Most echidnas live in New Guinea and Australia. They can't survive Montreal tourists. I ate the last one. Poor extinct Montrealer echidnas!

8 Comments:

  • DELICIOUS?
    Would u plz more explain about it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10/30/2005 3:09 PM  

  • جوجه تیغی شکلاتی خوشمزه

    By Blogger Azad, At 10/31/2005 10:13 AM  

  • I so want to believe this but then it means that I have to also believe that you have rabbit neighbours who ride on the elevator with you and traffic warden or working girl type rhinos (I’m guessing; or else what would a rhino be doing hanging about a square all by itself) over there. So my question is this; is Canada essentially a land in a fairytale?

    By Blogger Shirin, At 11/01/2005 5:27 AM  

  • We don't have traffic wardens in this country, Shirin, and I know it may sound a bit absurd, but that's how Canada has been recently: an animal parade, or a land in a fairytale, if you will. I quite remember the rabbit in our elevator (I think it could have been an oriental girl), the rhino in the street (he was just showing off his scary look), many supermen, batmen, batgirls, the wizard of oz herself, even the scarecrow, and many other characters. They all live in Toronto, Ontario. I am pretty sure, cuz I saw them all this past Halloween weekend!

    By Blogger Azad, At 11/01/2005 7:44 PM  

  • انا اطلب البخشش لنگارش فی اللغط العربیه!اناافکر دت یو لا قادر لتفهم سایر لغاط آدروایز یو وود انسر. قال الشیخ: اطلب العلم خیلی ولی لا دیس ماچ
    المرد الکبیر، انا اتقضاتون لاخبر بدی لی لجابک الحاضر. کانی للمتعرفون و دلتنگون. هل انا قادر لکسب الوقت الملاقات من یور منشی سام تایمز؟

    By Blogger Farid, At 11/01/2005 8:34 PM  

  • تشکرا کثیرا من آدمی حقیرا صغیرا

    By Blogger Farid, At 11/01/2005 8:36 PM  

  • D...licious!

    :) delam chocolate mikhad!

    By Blogger The City Gal, At 11/02/2005 9:51 AM  

  • salam....

    nemikham vaghtetoon ro begiram
    man ye chand mahie ke mikham baraye edame ye tahsil
    dar maghtae karshenasi ye yeki az reshte ha ye mohandesy be canada biam va daram etelaat jam mikonam
    ...ageh zamani free bodin va betoonin be man komak konin kheyli khush hal misham...

    besyar motshakeram
    ghorbane shoma
    arash

    alonely_tree@yahoo.com

    By Blogger arash, At 11/02/2005 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home