aShademan

August 14, 2005

{weekly.update} Back

Okay guys ... I am back! This did remind me of the Viagara ads! I AMMM BACKKKKKKKK!

But obviously, I don't mean quite the same thing. I am back to posting here and I am glad that I feel like writing again.

During the past days, so many things have happened and some things didn't. I did not manage to visit some of my friends who were going to the states after Alireza's goodbye party, basically for the same reason as I could not post. Anyways ... I wanted to post him a comment, but he has democtatorshipingly blocked his comments section! Well, I don't know how I can post SMS to his cell, so hereby (and hoping that he checks here), I say Amou Farid, you are already missed at Toronto. I was talking to Ali the other day, when we both agreed on this.

Now getting to Armita's question asking about this Amou thing that we guys call each other. It's not really a common thing that every guy calls the other amou. For example, I will never be an amou, but I will soon be a daei. I declare that I like to be called Daei Azad but not amou Azad! It is still OK to call me amou Azad though, but I told you my preferences.

Having said the above, I was at a nice party this evening and some friends told me that they visit my blog. It may sound strange to those who do not maintain a blog, it may still sound strange to those who do maintain one, but it feels very good when I hear that a friend visits here. I have heard from other friends that by reading my blog they feel that they are in touch with me. That's true. I post so I am. You should also know that posting a short comment, means a lot to me and enables me to stay in touch with you basically in the same way. Leela, thanks for your comments as well. I never knew that you visited my blog.

P.S. Next post will feature one of the most amazing creatures of the world. Stay tuned.

P.P.S. Quite ironically, at the same time I was writing this post, Amou Farid sent me comment to the previous post!

7 Comments:

  • welcome back Daei Azad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8/14/2005 5:05 AM  

  • Thank you.
    l am new to blog and bloggers, what do l know l am a bache dahati.
    Your comment about being daie, good for you , l never be anything not khale or ammeh.

    By Blogger SH - LE, At 8/14/2005 1:24 PM  

  • Thanks mahsa.

    Leela, you are welcome. I hope that you continue to post nice articles on your "I care". The French one, I cannot understand :-). I don't have a long record in blogging either. I have just started for a few months. And I so much like the interactive nature of it (comparing to personal homepages). It also reflects the character of a person far better than the traditional personal homepages. Anyways, you are not a "bache dahati", I am sure you will get used to the blogging very soon.

    By Blogger Azad, At 8/14/2005 3:07 PM  

  • Al taied, Al taied....

    By Blogger Farid, At 8/14/2005 5:49 PM  

  • Farid, are you in the States or Saudi Arabia?

    By Blogger Azad, At 8/15/2005 1:31 AM  

  • You are right and wrong about comments. In my case the comments were manipulating the way I was writing, so I started to dislike them, then one day I tried to remove them and they broke and no living creature know as of now how to fix it :))

    Yet, I find most of your comments from your friends in real life, which indeed serves more like a socializing/chatting tool, not exactly a means of finding out what random people thought about a certain post...

    Do I bother you by leaving anonymous comments?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8/15/2005 11:57 AM  

  • Do I bother you by leaving anonymous comments?

    -Absolutely not, if you prefer to post anonymously, please do so. What I meant to say was that anyone can still choose a nickname and comment anonymously.

    In my case the comments were manipulating the way I was writing, so I started to ...

    I completely agree that comments have changed and will continue to change my style. But I don't evaluate it as a bad thing. Most systems are more stable in the presence of feedback signals :-)

    I find most of your comments from your friends in real life, which indeed serves more like a socializing/chatting tool ...

    Let's redefine social life to include cyberspace :-) If I get to know a person from sending comments, I consider him/her a friend. Examples are Mahsa and Leela, whom I haven't met in person, but I consider as friends.

    I hope you visit here often. Cheers.

    By Blogger Azad, At 8/15/2005 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home