aShademan

July 28, 2005

{daily.life} A Gentleman

I wanted to post this a few days back. I came across an Iranian celebrity on Sunday afternoon at Dundas Square. I am a devout fan. His work attracts 11,000 viewers a day and I so much wanted to meet him in person to see if he is one of those arrogant celebrities or one of those few gentlemen out there. I am talking about Sam Javanrouh of the [daily dose of imagery] or ddoi in short. I think the title of this post speaks for it all.

Yes, I am glad that he is one of the few nice celebrities out there. I caught him shooting some gymnasts putting up a very nice show. He uploaded his take on the show, the flying girl, yesterday. The photos are as breathtaking as the performance, if not more.

When I introduced myself to him as a fan, I was warmly received. He was at the same time a bit puzzled on how I have recognized him. He doesn't have self-portraits to the best of my knowledge, except for these two non-portrait images of himself, click [here] and [here]. It is hardly possible to recognize anyone from these two shots! But there was an interview answering so many questions I have been pondering and also showing his face to the world. He did actually shake hand with me and later on added me as contact on flickr after I praised this photo! I am privilaged Sam. You are such a nice person, a very talented photographer, and definitely an inspiration to many.

Some of his works have been recently re-introduced on BBC and Utata cool shots. I wish he published his photos in a book. I so much look forward to it. This is just a thought and I really don't know if he would do it or if he would think about it, but I would buy that book. Just imagine him being interviewed at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart as a controversial photographer who has delivered the art to the next level in his newly published book. I previously mentioned that I am a devout fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home