aShademan

June 14, 2005

{science.vision} CVR 2005

I will be attending the Computational Vision in Neural and Machine Systems conference held in York University form tomorrow till Saturday.

It is my first visit to York University. There would be invited talks from renowned professors in vision research with two flavours: computer vision and neuroscience.

Berkeley's Jitendra Malik, Duke's Carlo Tomasi, U of T's Allan Jepson are only those whose work I have seen before. I am sure if you are into neuroscience, you will find many interesting talks by those who know what they are saying. And this is very important. Very few people know what they are saying and I don't like to miss the opportunity to listen to them (so I should go and get some sleep now!).

BTW, if you want to pick on me on why I have omitted the titles Dr./Prof. from the names of these scientists, I should emphasize that when you believe in someone's work, you will never give him a title. The name alone says it all. Have you ever heard someone say Professor Newton, or Professor Maxwell?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • I like the idea of considering people higher than their titles.

    Have fun at York. It's a great place to see too many Iranins!!

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6/15/2005 10:04 AM  

  • You make me laugh Azad. That's good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6/15/2005 7:33 PM  

  • Omid, I am sure you have been there! Aside from the Persian girls, the whole femme population has gone through a mutation over there. I am not kidding. This was confirmed by a Chinese student and an Australian student, both of which go to downtown schools. This was discovered during lunch break at their student center's food court.

    Kaveh, I'm glad that I could make a friend laugh without saying a joke. Wait a second ... That WAS a joke!!! lol read my next post which really happened and make you laugh more.

    By Blogger Azad, At 6/15/2005 10:23 PM  

  • Hi Azad,

    I didn't underestand what exactly you meant by "femme population has gone through a mutation over there". You mean they are attractive or weired or what?

    I have been in York a couple of times long time ago. Can't recall how it was.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6/16/2005 12:23 PM  

  • Mutation of genes toward maximizing more intuitive beauty and higher fitness measures.

    I heard from a lady that the same has happened to guys, so it's a general gene mutation and it's not my theory. It's not a theory at all. It's more of a ... nevermind. I should get some sleep to look fresh for the conference. Did I at some point say that I was interested in the talks? :-)

    By Blogger Azad, At 6/17/2005 1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home