aShademan

August 17, 2006

{poetry.amateur} Freedom

In the woods of regret,
I pause, turn, and
look back at my life.
What do I see?
A failed attempt
to find the hidden treasures
of body, mind, and soul

Inhales are deep 'n heavy
Heavier than ever
capturing my body.
Time has come
to free my body.
Two long exhales or three,
Lighter gets my body,
Lighter again and free.

Freedom of body

Bitter sarcasms everyday
freeze my mind.
A frozen mind is not free
Melt it down and float
in the plasma of emptiness,
where all minds are free
from searching for something
no one knows it exists.

Two minutes after, or three
I am not thinking, but floating
and my mind is free.

Freedom of body and mind

A rope is in my hand
Again, I look around
Amongst the trees, the very tall ones
and too far away from everyone
My soul's still searching
This time, searching for hope
Somebody?
Anybody?
Show my soul some hope!
A sign or any other thing
to continue with hope

I still exhale lightly
wihtout thinking
eyes are closed, floating.

The rope's around my soul,
this may look crazy,
but it's the only way
for my soul to be free
From the haunting demons of
my torn pride.

Hesitation I have no more
and I let go

My soul's not a
prisoner of my body
or mind, or both
anymore
My soul's free

Freedom of body, mind,
and freedom of soul

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home