aShademan

July 20, 2006

{science.games} How to solve it


The puzzle of a ferryman, a goat, a cabbage, and a wolf, can be solved by a symbolic model verifier. You can write the LTL (linear-time temporal logic) specification and the solution can be seen. It's a plannig problem. I have a weird feeling. Someone asked me what I have done over the past week, and I came up with "hey, I learned how to solve the infamous puzzle using NuSMV." He gave me a look, but that's not why I have that weird feeling. I have a weird feeling if such kinds of solutions can be applied largely in robot path planning. I have a weird positive feeling, but that's just me.

3 Comments:

  • You may need some kind of extensions to the traditional planners. Most importantly, you need to handle uncertainty in your knowledge of the world. In a robot application, the result of an action is not apparent, and ... !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7/29/2006 6:09 AM  

  • Actually, using a higher level of abstraction, a robotic task, can also be modeled as a reactive system, which is a bit different than nondeterministic systems (both are finite). This lies within a rather growing field of behaviour-based robotics and I believe uncertainties are included therein.

    By Blogger Azad, At 7/31/2006 6:15 AM  

  • More to read on "reactive planning": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_planning

    By Blogger Azad, At 7/31/2006 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home