aShademan

July 10, 2006

{daily.observations} abbreviations


It strikes me how abbreviations can have different meanings. When I was at Ryerson University, I learned that the Dept of ECE can be the Department of Early Childhood Education rather than the commonly used Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. They shortened the latter as ELCE! Anyways, it's a hot and pleasant summer in Edmonton and Edmonton Eskimos are playing the Canadian Football League (CFL). Yeah, babe! EE doesn't always stand for Electrical Engineering, but sometimes stands for Edmonton Esks! Am I transforming to an anti-EE (Electrical Engineer) pro-CS grad student in Edmonton? Well, I donno ... CS stands for Computer (or Computing) Science almost everywhere, it could have been the abbrv for Condom Shack store in Toronto, but it's not.

P.S. I should've labeled this post as random ramblings.

1 Comments:

  • When I saw this and reached to the point when you compared EE with CS, I thought of a good expression for CS but I saw that you mentioned it at the end.... ;)

    By Blogger Farid, At 7/10/2006 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home