aShademan

July 18, 2005

{friends.nostalgia} Bittersweet

I have survived the harsh Canadian winter. I will survive nostalgia. Vahid visited Toronto the past weekend. We enjoyed our time by going to places along with other friends, where the memories of good old years were rejuvenated.

It seems as if even when time flies by, some things are carved in your memory and stays with you forever.

Today, I came across my memorial by Farhad. My heart stopped for a few moments. Well, it usually stops a few moments before pumping again, but at that moment I was looking at the picture, I felt that my heart paused more and consequently pumped more intensely. It may be meaningless to others, but for me it means a lot. So many hot summer days we spent shooting the ball. I feel like I am looking at it from the other world and I will not be able to visit the loved-ones again. I will survive the bittersweet nostalgia. A grown-up man never cries. Even when he is alone. I will survive nostalgia.

5 Comments:

  • I am reading it now and it is 12:54am and I don know if you are awake or not, otherwise : mage ma mordim amoo azad?

    By Blogger Farid, At 7/19/2005 12:55 AM  

  • njigari, toro khodaa injoori nanevis, azizam farghi nemikone ke injaa baashi yaa oonjaa, vaze manam kheili mosaaed nistesh, be omide didaare mojaddademoon!

    By Blogger Momentary Laps of VIsin, At 7/19/2005 7:50 AM  

  • Farid and Farhad, this weblog's reflecting my feelings and how I think and feel. Don't worry now, I am all right. Thanks much for your comments.

    By the way, Farid, I was fast asleep at that time :-)

    By Blogger Azad, At 7/19/2005 10:57 AM  

  • Here's the image I had in front of me when I was looking at that basketball field photo:

    Farhd with his eyebrows all the way up, making everybody smile, and you making that funny hee hee hee laughing sound... This is way back when you guys were going to Allameh Helli ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7/19/2005 11:51 AM  

  • Azad,

    it was long since I had visited your blog.
    I was so Darn busy, sorry :(
    Man! I (i'm sure we) miss you too.
    Dón't worry! really .. you're in Canada, not the US!!
    I'm sure you can/will arrange it soon to visit home again..
    I was so great to hear from Farhad in your blog...
    Hi Farhaad :)
    and afer All:
    if the hardships you're going through don't kill you, they'd only make you stronger :)

    from Bouji
    with lots of cheerful wishes :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7/20/2005 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home