aShademan

May 03, 2005

{quotes} Teamwork

"The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say 'I.' And that's not because they have trained themselves not to say 'I.' They don't think 'I.' They think 'we'; they think 'team.' They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don't sidestep it, but 'we' gets the credit. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done."
Peter Drucker


I have attached this quote to my formal email signature after having one of those boring and stressful lab meetings a few weeks ago, where everyone was deliberately criticizing the others' capability of working in team. Typical Iranian mentality. I've done it since I believe that indirect speech works better sometimes.

Labels:

12 Comments:

  • dobaare Salaam :)

    That's I guess how you are so 'popular';)
    Honestly! Not only among our friends, but also elsewhere-as in 'orkut' for instance.
    cheers a'Azad :)

    By Blogger Sara, At 5/04/2005 1:51 AM  

  • What's a "team"? What do you mean by "work"? Is "team work" a frute or a type of music? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/04/2005 10:48 AM  

  • It's a drink, man! a drink!

    By Blogger The City Gal, At 5/04/2005 11:13 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger The City Gal, At 5/04/2005 11:13 AM  

  • A drink? You mean something like this

    http://www.jewlicious.com/index.php?p=1049

    ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/04/2005 12:18 PM  

  • Sara :-) I am flattered. Thanks for your complements, though they are not quite about the post! :p Just messing here ...

    Sky, you are taking drinks too seriously. Even if teamwork was a drink you should just say "it's just a drink. Not tea. It's not Iranian!"

    Omid, why did you cut out that post with the lovely Benelli in it? Hopefully, all posts are emailed to me so at least I have it in my mailbox.

    By Blogger Azad, At 5/04/2005 9:40 PM  

  • all right guys....
    Is it Bellini or Benilli? As far as I remember (the number of time I have been to Milestone) the drink is called Bellini!

    By Blogger The City Gal, At 5/05/2005 9:17 AM  

  • To Azad: I didn't take any post out. What are you talking about? My comment which had a link to a picture is still there.

    To Sky: Yes, Bellini is a drink but Benelli is an Italian-made shotgun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/05/2005 10:47 AM  

  • Omid,
    You and I will soon get fired from work!

    By Blogger The City Gal, At 5/05/2005 12:53 PM  

  • You're right Sky! :( :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/05/2005 1:42 PM  

  • although I don't want you guys to be laid off, it feels cool that you might for reading my blog!!! :P Me feels important!!!

    By Blogger Azad, At 5/05/2005 7:56 PM  

  • I kind of like what Azad like thinks, you know? whatever...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/06/2005 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home