aShademan

May 12, 2005

{conversation.nonsense} Q & A

Q: What is your research interest?
A: Robot vision or so people call it.

Q: Robots can’t yet see?
A: No. They are as blind as most of us. They do what they are told. They are dumb and greasy as well.

Q: Do you want to add vision to a dumb greasy blind object? How about adding thinking ability or intelligence? They would see but they won’t know what that is. Am I right?
A: Yes, you are. My concentration is on the vision. Other people are working on AI, but we all know we are missing an important dimension. We all know that our simplistic minds are far away from reverse engineering a human being (artificially and not biologically). I think many dimensions are missing. You can’t show the 3D position of a point on a plane. If you think you are smarter than I thought and you want to use perspective then try visualizing a 73D point on a plane. That’s why we can’t see what we are missing. We don’t know the dimensions of thought. Vision is a much simpler problem compared to thought. At least simplifications of a lens model work in --

Q: Err, excuse me. Did you tell me that you saw an optometrist the other day for your eye problem?
A: You interrupted me! Yes and he said that I had been working more than I should in front of these devilish monitors and I might even lose my eyesight if I continued to abuse my eyes.

Q: I am completely confused now. Do you want to sacrifice your eyes to add an eye (or two eyes) to a dumb monocular (or binocular) robot? It does not make any sense.
A: Nothing makes sense in this world. Do you realize that you have wasted your time and more importantly have irritated your precious eyes by reading this nonsense? By the way, why do people call you Q? I know why I am called A.

Labels:

14 Comments:

  • No worries son. All go to one place. All (robots whom you make and men whom I made) are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/13/2005 11:23 AM  

  • Thanks for stepping by god. It makes my humble greenish weblog full of brocollight.

    BTW, I have one very important question for you:

    How does it feel to give your creatures insufficient dimensions to comprehend the world around them, watch them go nuts from knowing that they don't know anything, and watch them hanging themselves with a rope without any hope? It should be a pleasant feeling, eh?

    By Blogger Azad, At 5/13/2005 6:51 PM  

  • Come on Azad! write things we can comment on :)))
    Cheghadr por-roo-am! ;) :)
    cheeers ;) :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/13/2005 10:53 PM  

  • You don't comment on nonsense stuff? :-) That's the only genre in which I can write, Sara. You know me.

    But all in all, if you have any specific topic to write things on, I would be more than glad to know them. You know having four different and non-nonsense ideas a week is just too much for me. Me running out of ideas all the time.

    By Blogger Azad, At 5/14/2005 1:21 AM  

  • :)))
    Well! fabulous response :)
    I'll come up with some ideas shortly,
    sth that 'I' think may match your character :):D
    Cheerzzz..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/14/2005 3:14 AM  

  • A good one Freeman....
    Everything is non sense, at least for me....
    There is just one single thing which makes a little bit sense but it cannot be found. So who cares?

    By Blogger Farid, At 5/14/2005 3:41 AM  

  • Okay Sara, I will be looking forward for your ideas. Don't restrict yourself to topics which may match my character :-)

    Amou Farid, thanks for your comment. I don't even have that single thing to care, for the time being. But, it will pass if god gets back to me on my question. Where are you god?

    By Blogger Azad, At 5/14/2005 12:21 PM  

  • okay Azad!
    weekend is over!
    put your shoes on! :)

    let's say..
    you could write us about..
    "shekaar'e gavazn" or
    "your kurdistan memories" or
    "kurdish folklore stories"
    I don;t mean that *folklore* :))
    or
    your "toronto memories"

    cheerzzz
    p.s. don't worry if you never wrote on these.. i'll probably keep on requesting for other stories later :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/16/2005 12:36 AM  

  • Hello son of man, this is God speaking again. I was out of town for the weekend taking a break from hanging out with humans and looking around for some other creatures I had made to creep upon earth. Now, regarding your question:

    Q:"How does it feel to give your creatures insufficient dimensions to comprehend the world around them, watch them go nuts from knowing that they don't know anything, and watch them hanging themselves with a rope without any hope?"

    short Answer: It feels just great!

    long answer: Listen to the wisdom of my prophet Solomon who observed:

    I have seen everything that is done under the sun; and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be made straight, and what is lacking cannot be numbered. I said to myself, "I have acquired great wisdom, surpassing all who were over Jerusalem before me; and my mind has had great experience of wisdom and knowledge." And I applied my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is but a striving after wind. For in much wisdom is much vexation, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.

    So, you realize that it's all FUBAR... just take it easy, let the rich get richer and let the poor have more children.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/16/2005 10:30 AM  

  • God, you shed light on my miserable life. Thank you thank you thank you! But you know what? I will have more children :(( I just received my credit card statement today. I didn't know that my girl is so high maintenance!

    Sara, I will be working on the stories of the hossein e kurd e shabestari dar toronto abad, my eyes a bit irritating but I will post 4 posts a week and four posts next week and four posts the week after and ... bottom line is you will get your stories sooner or later (ehem, with some sensor of course to make it PG13).

    By Blogger Azad, At 5/16/2005 9:43 PM  

  • What do I do so that his majesty, God almighty also visits my weblog?

    By Blogger The City Gal, At 5/17/2005 9:13 AM  

  • a) You are very welcome.

    b) Thou shall not complian if other people decide to comuunicate to me via your website. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/17/2005 1:31 PM  

  • god,

    I was very happy that my green room acted as a sanctuary and I was extremely delighted and proud that some souls could communicate with you from here. It wasn't a complain. It was a complement. She goes to heaven because of talking to you from here!

    By Blogger Azad, At 5/17/2005 5:04 PM  

  • :)))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/17/2005 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home