aShademan

April 21, 2005

{friends} Favorite Quotes

I have always enjoyed reading a favorite quote from someone who not only knows his/her specialty, but also is keen to convey a philosophical message to human kind.

I came upon a great piece of manuscript, a high-quality PhD thesis, written by a friend I got to know in Toronto. On top of the highly sophisticated subject area (which I do not quite understand, at least for now!), I pretty much liked his writing style. He clearly articulates the idea, and provides adequate reasoning of why this work has been done and how it has been accomplished. Yet another nice feature of his thesis, is quoting from other writers and scientists at the beginning of each chapter. I have seen this style in many books and theses, as I have been reading more these days to get ready to put my my own piece of work on paper. It is not easy to pick a relevant quote when what one is writing is his/her own novel idea. From what I can understand, Omid has picked the very right quote to motivate the reader to proceed with the rest of the chapter. It is indeed a great learning experience for me. Well done, lad!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home